Sometimes, it can be annoying to see uninteresting, unversioned items—for example, files that result from a program's compilation. The Subversion global-ignores option is a whitespace-delimited list of names of files and directories that Subversion should not display unless they are versioned. The default values are: *.o *.lo *.la *.al .libs *.so *.so.[0-9]* *.a *.pyc *.pyo *.rej *~ #*# .#* .*.swp .DS_Store.
If you want to change this default list follow these steps:
- Click the Go main menu item in the Finder, and click the Go To Folder... menu item.
- Paste the following path ~/.subversion/ and click on Go
- A new Finder window will open that will contain several files
- Open the file named config in your text editor of choice
- Please be careful while editing this file, it contains many settings, accidentally changing something can have unforeseen consequences
- Do a search for global-ignores and you will find that list of default values as shown above
- Now make any edit you want to the list, and remove the # character at the start of the line to make the ignore active
- Save the file and you are all set.
Note: these settings only apply to your user account
More information on the global-config file and its settings can be found here. More information on using fine grained ignores in Versions can be found here.